Wednesday, November 23, 2011

BP1_Welcome to my blog

Hello world, my name is Anthony Hunt! I am the director of bands for a high school in the metropolitan of Atlanta, GA. My high school currently sits in the center of the largest international community in Georgia and one of the largest in the United States. Our school represents over 54 countries from across the world. Working in my current educational facility has not always met with high regards. I've run across various adversity to get my band program to its current status. The band program initially started with ten to fifteen students four years ago, and now we currently have over 120 students enrolled, participating in several ensembles. I enjoy every minute spent with the "Mighty Band of Gold" especially when students show a genuine interest in learning and achieving. 



We are currently preparing for a joint holiday concert with our outstanding choral and orchestral programs. This year will be the first year having an opportunity to showcase our students talents in our new state of the art auditorium. I am particularly excited because we will also include the drama club for a holiday production. Our wind ensemble, jazz band with vocalist, and drumline will all participate in this event.  We have also invited our amazing feeder middle school band to perform for our concert. Hopefully, we will fill up the 500 seats within our auditorium during this concert. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony, you seem to be a student of life and a giver of your passions. I am impressed with your pursuit of education and especially your talent's in music. I look forward to following you on this Full Sail journey and more. Thanks for the introduction. - Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a BEAUTIFUL site. The pictures, the background...Nice work! (although in the first picture the guy in the middle looks unhappy :C )

    I am really looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete