Friday, December 2, 2011

PE_iMovie


iMovie software is extremely important for me to learn and gain a stronger understanding for future use. Immediately through the first few lessons, I am enlightened and impressed with this learning process. The author Mr. Garrick Chow begins with a general explanation of iMovie, its functions and imports from various handheld devices.  I am excited to learn more about how to import clips from all devices besides tape and  internal memory camcorders. I have tons of videos of my music program, family events, and music conventions that  I plan to upload and develop clips through this software. 





True enough when in need or desire to learn, the answer immediately appears! Now I know how to pull images and videos from my iphone and upload them onto iMovies. I am impressed with this software already and I am only on the 3rd lesson which is still the general overview of iMovie. I find it useful to actually open the iMovie software while watching the tutorial to gain a better understanding by hands on experience. I have always been a better hands on learner throughout my years and this is no exception!



The first four chapters give an in depth analysis on how to start using the basic functions of iMovie all the way to how to break down clips to show favorite sections, sections already used in previous projects, clips with tags, and those clips that are not needed. As you can see from the image below, there are several color coded bars which indicate specifics about clip alterations. The blue bar indicates that the clip is a tagged with keys words in order to easily locate for creating future projects. The red bar is an indicator specifying that the clip is no longer needed. The orange bar states that this particular clips has been used for a previous project and the green bar is for showing favorites. Mr. Chow is doing an excellent job at explaining the software during this tutorial. 






No comments:

Post a Comment